Tuesday, February 16, 2010

{ Your Beginning Was Everything; The End } by Big Sway

Somewhere along the line, God is watching and I have my pants down
Only he doesn't judge
and I don't give a shit
(being the one with the downward-aimed pantaloons).
Nobody gave me anything I needed.
Everyone gave me something I thought I might.

I tried, I did, to face your vacuum,
only to be sucked up and put in a compartment
with other pieces of refuse refusing to be wiped out
like moral ambiguity and falafel.

Somewhere along the line, I forgot
what a wonderful wilderness I am.

Somewhere along the line, I fell in love with life,
and dominos clacked
and patterns emerged
and death gifted me a wet, red rose;
my Valentine embracing heartbeaten fortitude.

Sweetening my pain with love, I laugh.
Sweating, in my palms, I love myself, alone.

Life is leavening death.
I was born on Dia de los Muertos
and still dance with the happy phantoms.

My end is just the beginning...

1 comment:

Mardel said...

RAY!

most of the time your poems confuse me. I don't get them. I like this one though. A lot.

Thanks!